Strawberry season brings many questions and we will answer them here for you.
1. When is opening day for U-Pick? Saturday, June 2nd 2012
2. How much are U-Pick Strawberries this year? $8.00 a bucket. Pick six and pay for five….the sixth one is free!
3. Buckets??? We provide them. Each bucket holds approximately 4 quarts and weights 5-6 lbs.
4. How long will strawberry season last? It typically lasts 2-3 weeks. Everything depends on the weather.
5. When are strawberries at their peak? The strawberries are at there peak during the U-Pick time span. That is when they are the most plentiful and delicious!
6. What are the U-Pick hours? Daily, from 8:00 – 6:00.
7. Are there a lot of strawberries this year? Yes! So, far so good. It looks like it’s going to be a good year.
8. Will we be able to drive out to the field this year? We will have a designated parking lot and from there you will be shuttled out on one of our buses.
9. At what location can we pick berries? The U-Pick is at our Hobart location which is located at 8960 E. Ridge Road in Hobart, Indiana.
10. Are your strawberries organic? They are not but we are sustainable. Our concerns are the same as yours. We strive to bring the safest, freshest produce from our fields to your table. We practice Integrated Pest Management. We only spray if it’s absolutely necessary and if we do we use the safest products possible which is often times, organic.
11. When will the Lowell, Rensselear and 61st open? Lowell is now open daily. Rensselear will be open on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s starting May 29th. We do not have an exact date for 61st so…to be announced.